Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,608Gear list
Like?
Re: Wrong... wrong... wrong
In reply to altair8800, Apr 2, 2013

altair8800 wrote:

joger wrote:

and two years later a slightly better 4x Mpixel 5D II successor at the price point of the 5D II plus inflation thus below 3 k USD

I would buy both and sell my two 5D IIs

If I wanted a FF, maybe for landscape, I would get D800. Short lenses are cheap.

Dan

Hi Dan,

the only problem is there is no TS-E 17 on the D800(E) suitable

Tested it and the 14-24 is a good deal behind the TS-E 17 on the 5D II

Thus there is no real reason as of today to maintain two systems except you've never testedthe TS-E 17

The lenses make the difference and not the bodies but if you don't have enough pixels to crop from and still print good and/or the noise level is distracting it matters.

The 5D II is just good enough with almost no limitations for any kind of architecture or landscape work on a really very high optical level. The current 7D does not fully suit my needs for a sports and action camera at ISO 3200 and at ISO 100 it is still behind my expectations - unfortunately - but I guess a 7D II will address that with a new improved sensor design - hopefully.

The 17 times more computing power is maybe used for oversampling and multiple read out

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
1+New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow