What is the best m43 for focus tracking?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,524Gear list
Like?
GH3 - for focus tracking
In reply to JamieTux, Apr 2, 2013

JamieTux wrote:

Hey everyone, since selling my Canon gear to move to m43 I've been shooting with just one top quality body (I have a gf2 as well buits really lacking in dr for my style of shooting so one useful camera only scares me!) I had the money put aside to get the new improved AF all singing all dancing Oly when its announced but all seems quiet on that front at the moment.  So I'd like to get a complementary camera to go with my om-d.  If that is the top at the moment then I guess I will need to hire where needed until the new one is announced and make a decision then.

I've even been looking at the GH3 despite its size, but I can't find anyone willing to put their neck on the line and call a winner!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

GH3 is better than any other M43s body I own or have owned (E-M5, G5, GX1, E-P3) for focus tracking of objects moving towards the camera. It's probably about as good as a APS-C DSLR. I believe that's down to the readout speed of the sensor but also the processing power in the camera (due to its video capabilities).

Note for others: Panny is expanding the list of faster lenses as it upgrades their FW (the 14-42 and another that I can't recall were in the recent GH3 FW upgrade). The E-M5 can use  240fps with any lens but there is a warning in the manual that it compromises accuracy (which I would agree with based on use).

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow