Is Full frame still the most versatile?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
KLO82
Contributing MemberPosts: 666
Like?
Re: Is Full frame still the most versatile?
In reply to zenpmd, Apr 2, 2013

If someone likes shallow DoF and versatility of zoom lens at the same time, then yes, nothing comes close to FF. And personally (like you), I am upset that there is no constant F2.8 zoom lens for FF that covers 3 classic focal lengths - 35mm, 50mm and 85mm. 24-70mm 2.8 covers 24mm, 35mm and 50mm (and non-standard 70mm), but personally I would like it to cover 85mm as well (for me, even sacrificing the 24mm would be OK, but thats not the case for many I guess). I would love a 35-85mm f2 but no idea how much that would cost and weigh.

zenpmd wrote:

Yes, they are big cameras, but with the constant apeture pro zoom lens they are (probably) the only lenses you will ever need. The DOF equivalent on, say, the new Tamron 2.8 24-70 will never happen on m4/3, since it would require an aperture of 1.4 throughout the zoom range, thats never going to happen!

I suppose its just a shame there is no a 2.8 constant zoom lens that extends to around 85mm on FF that allows for good portraits. 70 is too short.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow