Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,500Gear list
Like?
Re: Demonstration of Differences in DxO Geometric Corrections
In reply to Detail Man, Apr 2, 2013

Detail Man wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

You argue that rectilinear distortion is simplistic in nature even in the case of multiple-element lens-systems. Another factual matter. I don't know for sure about that.

OK. So let's approach it from the other end then. The link below shows an architectural shot with the 7-14 that we have discussed before although from a slightly different point of view:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50772988

As indicated, the first image is uncorrected, the second manually corrected in LR and the third autocorrected by LR based on instructions embedded in the RAW. Aside from the difference in how much of the uncorrected frame the two corrected versions manage to retain, what do you find unsatisfactory about either of them?

They look marvelous, Anders. But I thought that the issue under discussion was, "if they were to be corrected using DxO Optics Pro instead, would they perhaps look 'super-duper-marvelous' ?" ...

Fine with me if you prefer to rephrase the question that way. Now what is your answer?

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow