Canon 7D focus issue-new observation

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
jckk
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
Show a video plus other thoughts
In reply to ldgehman, Apr 2, 2013

Since the jitters are seen in liveview, put it in video mode and upload a clip of the phenomenon to youtube so that we can see exactly what you are experiencing.  Put in comments such as what lens, how it's mounted, where it's located (inside, outside) in relation to the target.

When you say that you tested this on a tripod, can you give more details?  Info such as what tripod, head, how it's mounted and balanced on the head, is the center column raised at all, what surface is the tripod on, etc.

Keep track of the conditions when you encounter this issue and note every detail that you can. From the info provided so far, it sounds like it's due to atmospheric conditions.  It doesn't take hundreds of feet of distance to cause an impact to the images.  I've seen it on occasion when shooting from my car (I turn the engine off each time I stop to shoot) even at maybe 30' or so and possibly when shooting over a body of water at relatively short distances.

Final thought is that if this is due to a hardware issue, it will most likely be very difficult for Canon to diagnose it since it's intermittent.  My guess is that they'll run diagnostics, but if they come back within spec and you can't provide instructions to replicate the issue, there won't be too much else for them to do.

James

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow