HS50EXR and F900EXR reviews, continued ...

Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,927Gear list
Like?
HS50EXR and F900EXR reviews, continued ...
Apr 2, 2013

This is part 12 ... http://kimletkeman.blogspot.ca/2013/04/hs50exr-and-f900exr-review-part-12-bad.html

It revisits that awful result I had in bad light. This result is much different, with the HS50 looking fantastic in warm, low light. This is truncated, with only 100, 1600 and 3200 points.

I also include an LvsM comparison, where M crushes L. In bad light that was never in doubt.

And I include a film mode ladder with a slightly surprising result.

I took a short walk this afternoon in a snow squall and caught this image of a Robin. Since it was very overcast, the HS50 chose 400 ISO to allow me to shoot at 1000mm ... and the Robin was hopping along constantly on a worm hunt. (As they say, once you gone worm ...)

So even though the light sucked and the shutter speed sucked and the ISO sucked and the bird would not sit still, I quite like this image ...

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Fujifilm FinePix F900EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow