Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
fyngyrz
Senior MemberPosts: 1,428Gear list
Like?
Re: Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Apr 2, 2013

MikeFromMesa wrote:

If I had to pick a power user's environment it would be Unix. And c. Love that language.

*nix I'll go for as any number of linux flavors, Unix, not so much. Although keep "Unity" away from me, ugh.

As for c, that's my favorite as well (although I have to say I miss the days of writing assembler... 6809 assembler was a joy to work in, and I'm even fond of some of the Intel hardware. But that's mostly gone.) Very fond of the Python 2 series as well, though of course the use cases are completely different. Those are my go-to languages for problem solving these days, anyway.

My current undertaking is a software defined radio application; real time processing of from a few Hz to MHz of baseband RF. The environment is nominally C++, but I use c idioms more often than not; keeps library bloat from getting in there and costing me more than I'm trying to spend, I'm sure you know just what I mean there.

I'm using Qt to make it (relatively) easy to build for both OSX and Windows, but unfortunately, Qt's Windows support is well below the level of its OSX support, so the Mac version is actually more capable through no choice of mine.

Anyway, I digress, best to can it before we get moderated into oblivion.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --
 fyngyrz's gear list:fyngyrz's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow