Lens dust and legal threat.

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
phaedin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,220Gear list
Like?
Re: Just Spoke to the Canon Service Centre
In reply to Josh152, Apr 2, 2013

I did pick up on that last line too. I would be very wary as it sounds like a scam. As previously mentioned you could end up with a "lost or damaged in shipping" claim of ignorance, leaving you with junk or nothing at all.

I have had to return a couple of online purchases (from a reputable on-line seller) and each time I had to send the product back first before they would send out a replacement (first time) or refund (second time)

I am not aware of any seller being required to return the money before the purchase item has been returned.

I have heard of some sellers or buyers requesting a third party ship option. The product is sent to a trusted third party, where it is inspected to make sure it is "as advertised" Once it has been verified then the buyer sends the money and the third party ships the product. However this costs both the buyer and the seller and is usually only used when 1 or both parties have a bad reputation.

You offers of resolution sound fair, and without any proof, the buyers claims are without merit. Their attitude of being insulted when asking for proof sounds fishy to me as well. The reason you post pics of a item you are selling is to provide proof of your statement of condition, therefore it is mot unreasonable to ask for proof to back up their claim. If I had purchased an Item that wasnt as advertised, I would have no problems providing proof.

phaedin's gear list:phaedin's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow