Shooting sports and other things with the K5IIs...

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
mark dimo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,961Gear list
Like?
Re: What other lenses?
In reply to Mr Jam, Apr 2, 2013

Mr Jam wrote:

With your comments I will take another look into this.  I am sure Pentax will further improve the autofocus system in their new models now that they have figured it out.

When compared with the original K5,  the II definitely has improvements.  It yields better performance when the subject is moving at moderate speeds.  When it gets really challenging and the change in distance is rapid,  only a handful of cameras can cope with that scenario.

Can the K5II handle most sports shooters needs?  Definitely yes, but it will have its challenges tracking when the subject is at extreme speeds. Keep in mind that the performance characteristics and steep price of a Mark IV or D4 are priced for a reason.  If the lower model 7d performed as well as the Mark IV,  there would  be little need to make such a large investment.

I just make the argument,  that this recent release of the II is finally a camera where little excuse has to be made.   The camera is rugged, fast, and can do the job when mated with fundamental skill.

-- hide signature --

Managing Director Alon Philippines Surf & Travel
www.alonphilippines.com
Photographer / Features Writer for Lonely Planet Magazine, Digital Photographer & Mabuhay Magazine
Life is too short, surf waves, own a convertible, and marry for love!

mark dimo's gear list:mark dimo's gear list
Pentax K-3 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow