Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,858Gear list
Like?
Re: There is really only one reason to choose a compact DSLR
In reply to gbhwc, Apr 2, 2013

gbhwc wrote:

Tedolf,

Very interesting... Except for your description, I don't really even know what Live View is ... but I will find out.

The only reason I am looking at a 4/3 camera is because of the small size and the high rating a reviewer on staff of this website gave to the OMD

The OM-D deserves all the accolades it gets from many reviewers and users. I will very likely buy one (or the GH3) as a side kick to my DSLR system. I still like the very substantial feel of a pro DSLR on the back of my really big and beautiful glass.

Do you really think the quality of pictures in the OMD will be as good as a DSLR?

Yes. There are fewer options for f2.8 or faster zooms though. Smaller size is a high priority for mirrorless designers it seems. Panasonic has a very good 2.8 zoom. I think the 12-50mm is pretty good for it's size and price though. Still, I'd consider a prime or two because they really are tiny, fast, and a great match for the OM-D. 45mm and 60mm are on my list. Maybe Sigma 19mm too.

(If I go the 4/3 route I will wait a while to buy because it sounds like some new products might be coming out soon).

There are always products coming out soon. I think it's a great idea to go to a store and try. You'll get a feel for what really fits you better than weeks of time pouring over forums.

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow