New Epson 3540_AUTO firmware update & blocking non OEM carts?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,598
Like?
Paranoid is actually a nice term....
In reply to printwoeman, Apr 2, 2013

printwoeman wrote:

Hey, I just noticed Petrova called me paranoid!  Why, I oughta...

"If someone's really trying to get you, it's not paranoia."

Seriously, shouldn't change post subjects to something derogatory, just because they ask a question.

You mentioned refillables but I also asked about compatibles.  Either way, web & numerous ink supply sites have warnings - so it's worth asking.

Also spoke w/ company I've bought ink from for HPs (& did well).  They admitted a lot of Epsons have trouble recognizing compatible chips.  For anyone interested, they say they reman OEM Epson T127 carts (assume others) & reset original chips, then test.

Yah, that "Petrova" guy, whoever he is!

Definition...

"exhibiting undue suspicion".

There may be some truth to firmware upgrades affecting 3rd party cartridges, but I have yet to see any with the 6-8 Epson I have owned over time.  Jtoolman here currently owns and operates 15 printers and most of them are Epsons and I don't think he ever had a problem with a firmware upgrade knocking out his 3rd party cartridges.

I do notice that where it seems to happen is a non-USA version of the printers.  Maybe us US owners are just more lucky with China chips!

All I can tell you is that you just need to buy some carts and see what happens.  That's the way we do it around here.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow