Started Apr 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rjacmuto32
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
First Time NEX Camera Question
Apr 2, 2013

I'm finally going to upgrade from my P&S camera and have read a lot of good about the NEX and I like sony products. I currently have the TX-10 and love it for beach, pools and snokeling since it's waterproof. I travel and want better image quality in my pics. I've looked at the 6, 5r and latest 3 and i'm torn on which one to get for a first time upgrade to my P&S. I'm not going to go into all the specs as most people know those. Anyone have a recomendations for me? I take good care of my equipment and usually keep items for 3-5 years when I purchase them. So looking long term here is what i'm stuck at?  Cost isn't a huge factor for me but I will keep that in mind.

6 - I love the pop-up flash. Once less thing for me to carry. The viewfinder comes in handy here in sunny florida. I take some nature landscapes photos with some glares on the screen How is the new power zoon lens compared to the manual 18-55? I have touchscreen menu now on my camera and this is all dial and buttons. I like the settings dial. I do chance settings on my tx-10 now and go thru all the touchscreen menu to find stuff. Having some buttons will be nice.

5r - little cheaper cost. My Tx10 has a touchscreen now, I read some input the touchscreen menu on this are slow.

3 - cheapest of them all. Slower shots per second which I do use several action shots and I think the other 2 would be better there.

I'm kind of leaning towards getting the 6. Is that a good decision for a camera that I will use for several years?

Also do you think sony might release a updated 6 by July? Should I go for a camera now or wait a few more months and see what sony releases?

Thanks

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow