Lens dust and legal threat.

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
Re: Just Spoke to the Canon Service Centre
In reply to miked58, Apr 2, 2013

Usually the scams I avoid on Craigslist and Kiijii are from out of country prospective buyers are ones that claim "send me the lens and I will send you the money" as they are not available for in person sales they claim for various reasons (like temporarily working overseas), and do not intend to send money after they get lens. These 2 sites suggest only person to person sales.

In your case if it was sold with an auction site like ebay, this is not the same as my example. This might be another variation of this but in your case, if you are using an auction site or even something like Amazon which also handles any complaint situations, the site might have an address for the buyer, and you did receive funds for the sale. I would be cautious of refunding any money at this point, as maybe you may not get back your lens even in this case, and you would then be  out both funds and lens.

In your case, it is likely just buyers remorse (he may have decided he did not want to spend the money after getting the lens regardless of quality and is inventing excuses) or else there was mishandling of the lens of the buyer which he caused the dust circumstance himself by shooting lens in local dusty locations perhaps.

If he failed to provide photo proof of dusty images he had shot, then he likely does not have any to show to back claim and just decided he wanted money back for another reason such as buyer remorse.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Olympus PEN E-PL1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow