**Weekly X Series Photo Thread 31st March, 2013**

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ThachLy
Regular MemberPosts: 194Gear list
Like?
Action shot using X-E1 in good light with KitZoom 18-55
In reply to vkphoto, Apr 1, 2013

I have only got my Fuji X-E1 for a few days.

I used Pana LX3 and NEX 5R. Just some first impressions and some photos:

1. Great camera at night or indoor. Love it. Sharpness is the same with my NEX5R+sigma prime 19F2.8 or better. In terms of clean-ness and color (eg. stone face of building in night shots) this X-E1 out shines the NEX for me.

2. I am still not happy with it in good day light. I think pics in day light can look a bit flat and uninteresting. Perhaps I should try to find that sweet spot on F-stop ?

3. Focus peaking and 'Face recognition' for AF would be most valued enhancements for me.

4. Love the portrait skin tone of this camera. Love it!

5. You can shoot actions with this camera. Just need to set it to 1/500 or 1/1000 in good light and choose ISO 6400(auto). Set your F-stop, prefocus by half-stop, then wait for the right moment. I walked down the street and saw a group of roller-skaters. I took some 12 pics, only threw away 1 because of bad timing on my part. All superbly sharp for me. See some pics below.

6. I'm still learning about this X-E1, hope to so with you all by sharing and seeing/reading your comments.

X-E1, ISO3200, 1/1000sec, F45mm(Equiv), Kitzoom 18-55mm, Brightness 4.5.

Other photos can be found at my flickr site. It contains night shots on the Yarra river in Melbourne, an attempt at flower macro, night scenes, colour patterns, still toys.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94649161@N08/8610849629/in/photostream/

ThachLy

ThachLy's gear list:ThachLy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NikeNew
Up!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow