Upgraded to a 7D

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
yycPhotog
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgraded to a 7D
In reply to TANWare, Apr 1, 2013

TANWare wrote:

I have a 40D from quite a while back. I had been hedging and hawing about a 7D for a while now and just found BB had a sale for 1399 for it with a 28-135mm kit lens. So I could not resist any longer.

I have only gotten so far to test it with my 70-300mm IS lens and in the house at night and a few shots at dusk. I know what issues I would have had with the 40D and can only say I am severely impressed. While still not tack sharp, nor would I expect it to be with the lens and lighting, at 200 ISO the results are a huge improvement over the 40D. Not that the 40D was or is a slouch, but a big improvement. I can't wait to put it through some real paces once it is setup the way I like.

Now it is time to start ordering some extra things like batteries..............

I upgraded to the 7D from an old Rebel xTi camera early this year and so far, I love this camera. I also just recently purchased the 100-400mm L series lens and the two seem to be made for each other. As you get more used to the 7D, I know you will be quite happy with it. Congrats on your purchase!

yycPhotog's gear list:yycPhotog's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow