Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,249
Like?
Edit...Always on
In reply to lock, Apr 1, 2013

lock wrote:

The default Nr seen in your NEF converted jpegs file (default NR values of intensity 22, strength 5, see above) comes from the in camera settings of NR. VNX basically translated your in camera settings to reproduce the effect you had on your camera. If you save the NEF from VNX, than you also save it with the NR in effect.

Disabling the NR settings in the camera should lead to no NR in a jpeg produced by VNX.

There will always be some NR present at ISO 1250 and higher (though you can greatly reduce it with CaptureNX2, I think...not sure) even when High Iso Noise reduction is turned off. As per the manual on page 228..."Noise reduction is only performed at ISO sensitivites of ISO 1250 and higher. The amount of NR is less than the amount performed when Low is selected for High ISO NR"

In this pictuire...High ISO NR is set to "normal" per the EXIF

ISO 6400 RAW no PPing

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow