Question about Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,343Gear list
Like?
Re: The D5200 EXIFs from I-R are BS…so what is Nex-7 as well?
In reply to LTZ470, Apr 1, 2013

LTZ470 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Metering in the conventional sense isn't very important to me any more since the E-M5 live-view highlight warnings provide superior information in most cases. But if the meter doesn't behave as you want it to in your kind of shooting, why not just dial in enough exposure compensation in one direction or the other until it works the way you think it should?

Shooting shaded/lighted areas and different colored birds of various types I am afraid I would miss more shots than it's worth...

You mean with the live-view highlight warnings or with "calibrated" (by EC) metering? Can't see why in either case.

I'm a set and forget shooter and concentrate on shooting and getting results, not adjusting camera settings every 5 seconds, a camera that I have to do that with will not be in the stable for very long, once I get my settings where I want them I shoot continuously, but I will change metering at times so suit conditions...

What makes you think I am any different and what would be the problem with the solution I proposed?

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow