My current method to determine AF-Fine Adjust values

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
DarylK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,582Gear list
Like?
Re: My current method to determine AF-Fine Adjust values
In reply to afterswish1, Apr 1, 2013

Brilliantly simple indeed! So simple that you would think that a menu command could be added to have the camera self calibrate. Mount camera on tripod, point camera to a good contrast target at appropriate distance short of infinity, select "self calibrate lens fine focus" menu command, the camera does the rest with several fast focus iterations in each mode.
Seems doable to me...better patent the idea really quick...never mind, just thank me when you see it implemented.
Thanks,
Daryl
--
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway

Great photography is largely a matter of perspective, both visually and mentally - Daryl Kottwitz (but probably said before )

My gallery: http://darylkottwitzphoto.smugmug.com

DarylK's gear list:DarylK's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow