Unsure of how to have efficient workflow between Lightroom and Photoshop retouching, please advise!

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
geminihc
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Unsure of how to have efficient workflow between Lightroom and Photoshop retouching, please advise!
Apr 1, 2013

I mainly do retouching in lightroom and stay in LR 95% of the time. However, there are times such as: 1.) needing liquify tool to slim down bodies/faces , 2.) using content aware removal tool , 3.) masking a certain part of another image to replace the facial expression of the original (requires layers)

Right now, what I do is right click the image in LR, edit in photoshop (Problem A), go back to LR with a new edited image

Problem A here is that this generates a TIFF file which is about ~90mbs where as my original file is 15mbs (it is Sony ARW). Not only that, it slows my LR abit more. Can't I simply save it in the original format?

What I WANT to do, is to simply open the image in photoshop, do whatever i need to do while retaining the RAW sensor data and having that replace the original LR image with the least amount of steps, and also try not to create an extra TIFF file. is this possible?

thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow