a580 to a99 - Crazy to upgrade? or go with an a77?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
MikeNannie
Regular MemberPosts: 383Gear list
Like?
Re: Are You Sure The Flash Is Working Properly?
In reply to Joseph T Lewis III, Apr 1, 2013

Joseph T Lewis III wrote:

You said: "Most disappointing is indoor flash photography. It's always been a struggle using my older Minolta cameras and also with my new a580. I honestly don't know if it's me, or my equipment, but I'm tired of blurry images, or blown out flash shots of family members. I've tried about everything to get better flash shots, with moderate success, but very inconsistent results."

You really shouldn't have to "always struggle" to get decent indoor shots of family members with an external flash the way you say you do.    If used properly, a good external flash that's working the way it's supposed to will give you very nice images, in many cases better than you'd get without one even when using a camera that is good in low-light situations.

Perhaps it might be worthwhile to rent or borrow a newer flash made expressly for digital cameras and see if that makes a difference??  I realize that the HS 5600 flash is supposed to work OK with digital cameras, but there might be something wrong with it.

Just a thought...

Tom

Tom, I've wondered exactly that with my 5600 flash. I remember having issues with my 7D too, but that was a well know problem with the 7D - not a good flash camera.  thanks.

MikeNannie's gear list:MikeNannie's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow