Like?
To coin a phrase ...
In reply to Mako2011, Apr 1, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

David Lal wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

coudet wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

So far I haven't seen the biting sharpness I expected to see, from the D7100 without an AA filter. Resolution of course is stellar

Sharpness (at 100% view) is irrelevant. The thing that matters is resolution.

Perhaps, but I like tack sharp images, and I'm not talking about at 100%.

Well, I'm with you Fotolopithecus (and my eyes are ageing too!). I've yet to see posted here any D7100 bird photographs which present a genuinely overwhelmingly compelling case (to me) for abandoning my D300 with regard to sharpness, resolution and contrast - and most importantly (to me) definition of fine feather detail.

Your wallet may be "adjusting" your perception when it comes to comparisons

In fact, I do pretty well - at least in my eye - with my ageing D70. Indeed, did we not both participate a few days ago in a thread where the OP had shown a carrion crow on grass? Both the grass and the crow looked like they'd been botoxed.

David

Smile. I would tend to agree as long as I stand far enough back and limit print size

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Ah, yes indeed the wallet speaks - especially when it is empty!

Last summer I dropped my D70 and decided it was time to treat myself to a new camera. I decided there were too many problems reported with the D7000 ('user errors' in the parlance of the fanboys). I considered going full frame but in the end opted for the D300 - the D7100 was at that time not yet out.

Here are two images from my 8 year old D70.

D70, Sigma 105, [British] robin, Erithacus rubecula - a small bird, 8cm long excluding tail

and here is another

D70, Carrion crow, Corvus corone

These kinds of images are absolutely typical of the sort of pictures I like to make. I can't always get this level of sharpness and resolution but that is my target.

I just don't see anybody posting D7100 images (yet?) of this type that are compellingly better. So, until then I shall hang onto my pennies and make do with the D70 and my D300.

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow