HX300 vs HS50 vs FZ200 w/ TC 1200mm vs 1000mm vs 1020mm?

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,784Gear list
Like?
that's not a current observation ...
In reply to AdamT, Apr 1, 2013

AdamT wrote:

The HS50 isn`t as good (even resized to 12Mp) , it`s taken on that "Upsized 6Mp" look the 1/2" EXR sensors suffer from (the mushy detail and jaggies)  but it`s a lot better than the Sony

His image of the box and bushes is terrific. I see none of the "upsized 6mp" look ...

Compare these excellent shots with the disaster in the "color bleed" thread and you will see what I mean.

is there an ideal compromise here ? - mounting and dismounting a TC on the FZ is a pain - the HX300 is awful at the long end - the sensor in the HS50 isn`t very good (as Dave and Kim have found) but it`s the most practical solution of these three

I have always felt that the 1/2" sensor was excellent. I was very surprised when I saw the mush in my low light ISO ladder, but that was an anomaly, probably caused by a combination of very low light and a firmware bug. I will be retesting that ...

Meanwhile, my recent test (see part 11) shows magnificent M sized detail and acuity.

The HS50, in my opinion, is a remarkable camera when you factor in reach and sensor size. Fuji have a winner here in my opinion. Far stronger than the HS25 I tested last year, and I liked that cam too.

I really hope Adobe come through with RAW support before I have to send it back. Of course, I plan on making sure I save a bunch of RAW images for that moment ...

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow