Best desktop computer for photography work.

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,777
Like?
This is not a website known for reasoned responses. . .
In reply to theJuke2, Apr 1, 2013

theJuke2 wrote:

tom graham wrote:

.... monitor will work.  Seems, no one has mentioned monitor.   So just get the cheapest TN type monitor you can find.

Monitors are only important if you want to work with photos.  Then they become THE most important part.  More important than CPU, RAM, HDD, OS, all hardware stuff put together.

Tom

If you read my initial question, you will see that I am a photographer. The monitor and color calibration is a serious concern I have. If people can convince me that the Mac monitors with the retina display are the best, then that would make sense. However, if I can calibrate my PC monitor equally well with a Spyder (and it would cost less) then that would make sense to me, since I currently already use PC.

This explains why you feel frustrated with these responses.  What you are getting are people's beliefs and prejudices.  What you are not getting is why they hold those beliefs and prejudices.  Which is why I say it doesn't matter all that much.  You aren't going to get any sort of cost or benefit analysis here.

Your safest bet is to do a little basic research, apply some personal analysis, and come up with conclusions of your own.  You may find yourself surprised at your conclusions!

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow