Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
D700man
Regular MemberPosts: 246
Like?
Re: Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?
In reply to theJuke2, Apr 1, 2013

I've used PC's for 17 years and recently made the switch to my first Mac.  The new iMac with 27" screen and I maxed out the RAM to 32GB.

I have to say there is a big difference between the two and really its hard to nail down what it is thats so much better but I do love the fact that there isn't any boot-up time with a Mac.  You turn the power on and its on, no waiting for it to load or boot.  I've been an iPhone and iPad user for 5 or so years now and making the switch was pretty seamless for the most part.  Took me a couple of late nights of getting use to where everything was and converting over my external HD's and I was hooked.  Everything is just well organized, crisp, detailed and very user friendly.  The monitors that come with the Macs are breathtaking in my opinion and can't see me needing or wanting better.

As for LR.....like every has said, it works the same way but with 32GB RAM it works much smoother and instant with my iMac and I would imagine it would be the same on a PC.   What your getting is a computer that makes its own hardware and its own OS, so in return your getting a single unit that works hand in hand flawlessly.  It really is like going from a Mustang GT to a Lexus LFA sports car.  Remarkable machine and you get what you pay for.  I'm a believer.

-- hide signature --

www.brentpearcy.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow