Some Firsthand Observations with RX-1 and X100S Side by Side...

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
Re: Some Firsthand Observations with RX-1 and X100S Side by Side...
In reply to Tony Bonanno, Apr 1, 2013

Good review of important features and benefits.

If I was to buy one of these I would strongly incline towards the Fuji for a few reasons. But the biggest reason is that although I see the value in investing big bucks in great glass, I do not see the value in investing several grand on a camera since despite a great built-in lens the value camera itself depreciates rapidly. My Nikon 70-200 f/1.8 VR I lens, purchased in 2005, is worth close to what I paid for it despite the new and improved model. But the Nikon D70 I purchased in 2004 is worth about $150 now. So interchangable lens cameras are my preference. However, I do fully understand the appeal of the X100 and X100s system and the size, quality and convenience is good investment. I do not feel the same about the RX-1 unless I had deep pockets and loved new things but even then, the size of the fuji is preferred.

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow