What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark Scott Abeln
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,913Gear list
Like?
Re: What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder
In reply to richarddd, Apr 1, 2013

richarddd wrote:

Once you align images in Photoshop, how do you output them so that Enfuse can read them?

If I open images as layers in PS, align them, save each layer as a tiff file (save as a copy, not layers), then run Enfuse on those tiffs, I get multiple warnings about no TIFFTAG_SAMPLEFORMAT or TIFFTAG_DATATYPE, unknown field with tag and input image does not have an alpha channel. The Enfuse docs say it will read a multi-layer tiff, but saving as that in PS gives similar warnings.

Those warnings don’t mean much. I use the Alpha channel if I want to exclude parts of the images from the final blend, such as moving people and automobiles. Usually, enfuse does a good job of blending moving clouds and leaves on trees.

One problem is that enfuse will delete EXIF data. I take my final enfused image and put it on top of one of my original images to retain the EXIF tags.

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Rokinon 85mm F1.4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow