HX300 vs HS50 vs FZ200 w/ TC 1200mm vs 1000mm vs 1020mm?

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,222Gear list
Like?
Re: My Obervations
In reply to LTZ470, Apr 1, 2013

I carry two FZ's one with TC-E17ED and one with Canon 500D attached…for everything in between I would just take EM5 12-35 and 35-100…Landscapes still working with Nex-7 10-18 vs Nikon Coolpix A…Indoors and lowlight RX1….discreet formal dinners RX100...

How am I doing?

You`re doing OK ..... I`m back to the trusty S6500FD Bridgecam wise, the IQ is still as good as always (it`s WYSIWYG, no faking anything with software) and even better with the 500D on for 300mm bug macros

BTW I`ve sent the SX50 to a dealer for commission sale ..  the IQ is the best of the pinhead megazooms by a notable margin (at ALL ISOs and all focal lengths) but the lens gets very slow very quickly and the state of the art IS of course doesn`t stop action, it`s the slowness at short to medium focal lengths more than the F6.3 at 1200 which bothered me - also the handling didn`t induce me to pick it up neither did its reluctance in doing telemacros for bugs etc (prefer the Legendary S6500FD for this) ..

I`ll get an XS1 when I can find a De-Orbed one at a sensible price. looks like it`s the ideal 6500/S100FS replacement

The old S6500 Crudely upsized to 16Mp in Irfanview --------- Looks better than the HS50 to me - better defined detail and less noise/NR artifacts . full zoom examples are even better

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow