Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,827Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 - Face close-ups test images, harsh lighting, ISO 1600-6400
In reply to RudyPohl, Apr 1, 2013

RudyPohl wrote:

Hi folks:

Thanks for your forthright remarks above..., please say whatever is on your mind, I want real feedback not baby food.

The reason I used this lens - the Nikon 70-300 VR - is because this is the only I own right now, and will be for a while yet, I suspect. I chose to buy ithis particular one because it's many glowing reviews say it is the best consumer-grade lens available.

I wouldn't for a moment think that this lens could even begin to compare with any quality pro lens, however, it is marketed as a good quality lens that can give reasonably good results under most circumstances so I'm try to determine whether that is actually the case.

So, despite the weakness of the lens, can anyone recommend an approach to post processing that would help mitigate the IQ issues seen in the RAW file?

Thanks again,

Rudy

Yikes!!  Ayayai mama mia!!  Not the nicest looking photos (skin)

I will bet that most likely is not the lens, but that Toshiba sensor, but then again i am not surprised at all being a previous D7000 owner.  I rather see more grain then that way too smooth fake skin look.  I bet is that sensor.  If i am wrong i am buying pizza for everyone here!

Rudy, do you have one or two photos that you might have taken at lower ISO that you can post?

Thanks.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow