Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
theJuke2
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?
In reply to oklaphotog, Apr 1, 2013

oklaphotog wrote:

In the end both work and do the job well, but you spend a lot more for an Apple product which IMHO makes a windows machine a much better value. Personally I have no reason to have a photography only computer these days, I use one workstation for everything. Therefore I use windows as many pieces of software I use don't exist for a Mac or don't have an adequate equivalent. Core i7 windows machines are far less expensive than the equivalent in Apple land. I wouldn't want anything less than a Core i7, and that isn't available in an iMac, so you have to step up to a Macbook Pro for an i7 or a Mac Tower to get a Xeon which is capable of performing as well or slightly better than an i7. In the case of these latter two, they are easily twice the price of an equivalent windows machine.

Thank you for all of your input, I appreciate your detailed answer. I agree about the i7, but just so you know you can get i7 on an iMac now. I was at the Apple store (just to look) a few days ago and you can choose i7 as an upgrade.

I still haven't made up my mind. If they are really all the same, then it makes sense to me to go with the more affordable option.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow