D7100 - Face close-ups test images, harsh lighting, ISO 1600-6400

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
scokill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,467Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 - Face close-ups test images, harsh lighting, ISO 1600-6400
In reply to TylerQ, Apr 1, 2013

TylerQ wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with these images. For crying out loud! 6400 ISO and such nice results? What do you all expect anyway? Try doing this with a Nikon D1 or D1X from 10 years ago. It's amazing what quality you can get from high ISO images with not only the D7100 but the D7000. But then when you came from a film background and used to shoot Tri-X pushed to 1600, grain is no big deal.

I agree, but something is up with these.  But I have been thinking that same way recently.  I have a bunch of photos on my HD that I've thought are either too noisy, or this or that and my daughter is putting together a scrapbook of dance photos and took a bunch and printed them out at CVS.  I had no idea and would have spent time cropping, etc.  While they are small prints, they look great  as they are.

scokill's gear list:scokill's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow