Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,812Gear list
Like?
My HS50 EXR - Colour Bleed ...
Apr 1, 2013

... I had a short play with an HS20 EXR a couple of years ago and found that Raw files were 'bleeding' colour when using Adobe Camera Raw (ACR).

This was not an issue with the Jpegs nor an issue if using Silkypix RFC EX.

I published an article about it here - http://eyemindsoul.blogspot.com/2011/05/hs20-exr-raw-file-colour-bleed.html

Well, to my dismay, the HS50 EXR displays colour bleeding whether using Raw (RFC EX) or Jpeg. At the time of writing this post ACR does not support the HS50 EXR so no comparison can be done as yet.

The effect is far more pronounced if shooting M size than L size and the best way to avoid it is to shoot at L size. Even at L size the effect can rob detail from the image but is far less pronounced.

The example below (M size) shows an image from the FujiFilm X-E1 at left and the HS50 EXR at right. This is approximately at A3 print size for both cameras.

The same images showing the bottom left corner and viewed at 100%. X-E1 at left, HS50 EXR at right.

-- hide signature --

Dave

FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR (FinePix HS22 EXR) Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow