HX300 vs HS50 vs FZ200 w/ TC 1200mm vs 1000mm vs 1020mm?

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,392
Like?
Re: My Obervations
In reply to AdamT, Apr 1, 2013

AdamT wrote:

My observations going by the substation box image from each cam ..

Image 8751 from HX300 Processing looks OK but the  image is the victim of a very poor lens or misfocus (Halation all over the place), 8851 has taken on a horrible leathery effect though it looks optically better, both are lousy

The FZ200 looks Excellent . Period but its only 12Mp and of course the cam needed a very expensive and cumbersome TC to match the reach (also a pain to remove when you want to zoom back)

The HS50 isn`t as good (even resized to 12Mp) , it`s taken on that "Upsized 6Mp" look the 1/2" EXR sensors suffer from (the mushy detail and jaggies)  but it`s a lot better than the Sony

is there an ideal compromise here ? - mounting and dismounting a TC on the FZ is a pain - the HX300 is awful at the long end - the sensor in the HS50 isn`t very good (as Dave and Kim have found) but it`s the most practical solution of these three

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

I carry two FZ's one with TC-E17ED and one with Canon 500D attached…for everything in between I would just take EM5 12-35 and 35-100…Landscapes still working with Nex-7 10-18 vs Nikon Coolpix A…Indoors and lowlight RX1….discreet formal dinners RX100...

How am I doing?

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow