Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vdubreeze
Senior MemberPosts: 1,189Gear list
Like?
Copying of Aperture filter masks using Applescript
Apr 1, 2013

This was in the other thread about Aperture brush general usage, but I felt it deserved its own thread so that it won't fly under the radar of interested users.

Marco S Hyman brought this to my attention, and it works great.  Best $1.99 I've spent this year.

http://sdaven.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/brush-mask-lift-and-stamp.html?m=1

The inability to copy masks has been an inexplicable gap in using Aperture filters.  If you sometimes painstakingly mask that steeple and the then have to spend the time to do it again on another filter, or even if you rough mask the dark areas of a group shot and then have to do it three more times, this is a revelation, as I don't think there's any other way to do it short of the tedious manual Finder way one of the blogs wrote about a year or two ago.

I'm not a big fan of Applescripts doing a function that should have been a simple task in a program, but hey, if it's the only solution and it works, it works  : )

vdubreeze's gear list:vdubreeze's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow