EPL 5 or NEX 5R

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
BlbGB
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Re: EPL 5 or NEX 5R
In reply to BlbGB, Apr 1, 2013

BlbGB wrote:

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread with suggestions and replies and input!!

In summation:

Oly EPL 5  Pluses                                                      Sony NEX 5R pluses
OOC JPEG                                                                    focus peaking #

lens selection (cheaper??)                                           faster *

wifi

IBIS                                                                         panorama

Oly PL 5 negative                                                  Sony NEX 5r negative

buttons small?                                                         big with some lenses

low res screen                                                        (get used to this?)

*with fast lens Oly can be as fast or very close to NEX 5R fast

#I have heard you can use an art filter to mimic focus peaking?

thanks!!

Ooops! I see wifi was over on the EPL 5 side that is obviously Sony feature. I am reading some negative things about the wifi though, slow processing... great idea, maybe the next model or the model after that the kinks maybe out of it.

Also someone suggested the Sony 3n (I think this is the model, it is the newest model out) I was disappointed when this came out that it did not have the faster sensor of the 5R and 6, also I am hoping to utilize the flip up screen and actually be in a photo or two with my children. I know I could use a tripod and timer or remote, but I think the flip up screen will be more spontaneous for my kids (ages 6,4,3)

Does anyone else have any input NEX or m4/3

Thanks!!

BlbGB's gear list:BlbGB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow