HX300 vs HS50 vs FZ200 w/ TC 1200mm vs 1000mm vs 1020mm?

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,567Gear list
Like?
My Obervations
In reply to LTZ470, Apr 1, 2013

My observations going by the substation box image from each cam ..

Image 8751 from HX300 Processing looks OK but the  image is the victim of a very poor lens or misfocus (Halation all over the place), 8851 has taken on a horrible leathery effect though it looks optically better, both are lousy

The FZ200 looks Excellent . Period but its only 12Mp and of course the cam needed a very expensive and cumbersome TC to match the reach (also a pain to remove when you want to zoom back)

The HS50 isn`t as good (even resized to 12Mp) , it`s taken on that "Upsized 6Mp" look the 1/2" EXR sensors suffer from (the mushy detail and jaggies)  but it`s a lot better than the Sony

is there an ideal compromise here ? - mounting and dismounting a TC on the FZ is a pain - the HX300 is awful at the long end - the sensor in the HS50 isn`t very good (as Dave and Kim have found) but it`s the most practical solution of these three

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Samsung NX210 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow