Pentax new cameras with Silkypix software only?

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax new cameras with Silkypix software only?
In reply to Soaptrail, Apr 1, 2013

I've used Pentax software through the K100DS, K20D and K-x. I'm very comfortable with it and I can work quickly, although cropping is clumsy. As long as one understands the camera menus, the DCU4 interface is simple to use. I tried the Silkypix software supplied with my K-01, but the interface is completely unintelligle and non-intuitive to me. I deleted it from my computer and bought Lightroom 4.

I've tried LR3, CS3 and Elements 8 in the past. I didn't like the menus and the results didn't match the Pentax raw conversions. But LR4 really got it right, the menus make sense, the program is very powerful and the price is a bargain. The conversions look as good to me as DCU4, in fact I'm getting better results in LR4 for photos that need highlight and shadow adjustments.

I refuse to re-learn the manufacturer's program for every new camera I buy, and with Lightroom that will not be the case. I can use it no matter what the brand or model number of the camera. I was a big fan of Pentax software, but LR4 has won me over. I can work a lot faster in DCU4, but I'm already getting better results with LR4, and it's only been a couple of months. Check out the free trial and see for yourself.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow