*** 5Dc vs 60D resolution test ***

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,338Gear list
Like?
Re: please don't twist my photos
In reply to schmegg, Apr 1, 2013

schmegg wrote:

It's really very simple to determine which of two sensors can resolve more detail. Peter will not meet this challenge though - he is instead interested in claiming a practical difference, rather than an actual one. And, because of this, it will be very difficult to come to any conclusions other than that the difference is not really very significant.

You're right that I am interesting in difference that reflects in real world usage of cameras that are the real one for me. I really don't know what theoretical difference making any sense to me such as shooting at so-called equivalence that simply doesn't reflect how we use the cameras in real world. In real usage for example in indoor, if you shoot EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS at F2.8 I also can shoot with EF 24-70L II at F2.8.   Or I can stop down to F4.0 that will have better edges/corners than EF-S 17-55/2.8 at F2.8 anyway (without 'IS' factor).  I don't have to shoot at so-called eq DOF, period. I will stop down if necessary otherwise I will leave it wide-open to generate a different look photo, and many time result to more attractive look photos from shallower DOF, a main advantage of FF actually.

And, if we can even get to this point, it will be an achievement!

However in my next round of test, I will test at all major aperture stop from wide-open to F8 or F11, so you pickup whatever you like. You will see with 24-70L II for example, it actually has the best resolution at F4.0 on APS-C and F5.6 on FF. Stopping down will not help.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow