Forum ProPosts: 14,964
Like?
Wallet speaks
In reply to David Lal, Apr 1, 2013

David Lal wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

coudet wrote:

fotolopithecus wrote:

So far I haven't seen the biting sharpness I expected to see, from the D7100 without an AA filter. Resolution of course is stellar

Sharpness (at 100% view) is irrelevant. The thing that matters is resolution.

Perhaps, but I like tack sharp images, and I'm not talking about at 100%.

Well, I'm with you Fotolopithecus (and my eyes are ageing too!). I've yet to see posted here any D7100 bird photographs which present a genuinely overwhelmingly compelling case (to me) for abandoning my D300 with regard to sharpness, resolution and contrast - and most importantly (to me) definition of fine feather detail.

Your wallet may be "adjusting" your perception when it comes to comparisons

In fact, I do pretty well - at least in my eye - with my ageing D70. Indeed, did we not both participate a few days ago in a thread where the OP had shown a carrion crow on grass? Both the grass and the crow looked like they'd been botoxed.

David

Smile. I would tend to agree as long as I stand far enough back and limit print size

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow