Maybe it' my aging eyes, but.......

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bailey151
Contributing MemberPosts: 837
Like?
Re: Maybe it' my aging eyes, but.......
In reply to fotolopithecus, Apr 1, 2013

fotolopithecus wrote:

Not resolving power, sharpness, the D7000, and D7100 have far more resolving power, but they seem less sharp to me.

Then it's time for a new prescription - I might give you the D7000 vs the D300 gen sensor, that's not quite as big a difference (I can still see it). But the D7100? That's easy. Too any pics around here. There more than a couple birds and some wildlife. The red fox & the owl - both images are sharper and have more detail than the 300 could ever hope to achieve, just not possible for that gen of sensor. There's more than a couple birds from the D7100 that even @ 100% every single feather is razor sharp - never seen that from a 300, ever.

Is it a revolutionary sensor? Nope, its simply a nice step forward. Is it worth the upgrade? Depends on the model you have now. Previous gen D7xxx/D5xxx? Maybe not, image is closer (unless you need a specific feature). Dated sensors like the D300 gen? Yep, it's better (unless say you need the machine gun buffer, then obviously not).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow