Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 32,945
Like?
Re: Epson 3880 borderless vs w/border printing
In reply to Steve Dell, Apr 1, 2013

Steve Dell wrote:

Radu Tenenbaum wrote:

You're right.  Off the top of my head, the only time I would print borderless is 4x6's.

-- hide signature --

Radu
www.raduray.com

That's the only time I print borderless too.

BTW, you'll love this printer. It's great printing from either Photoshop or Lightroom. (When I print from Photoshop, with my calibrated system and using profiles, images come out spot on. When I print from Lightroom, I will brighten by 10 units in the LR printer dialog box.)

-- hide signature --

Steve Dell
Tucson AZ
www.stevedellphotography.com

My printing history is all Epson...2200, then 4800 and now 7890 I have never ever printed borderless. I must admit too that the thought of squirting ink over the top and bottom and the sides of the paper just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. if you look at where the edges are there is black plastic behind. Surely this just coats up with old ink, it must do horrific things to your printer and the subsequent sheets that come through doesn't it? I guess if i wanted to print a 24" print with it's other dimension longer than that i would have to try borderless on my 7890 but i will thinks twice before doing so.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow