Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtan163
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053Gear list
Like?
Re: Lindsay
In reply to rtf, Apr 1, 2013

rtf wrote:

and try one. I was really into HSS with my flashguns, especially with radio triggers. As far as I can see there are no radio triggers that will go to 1/4000th sec with the OM-D system? I'd love it if I was wrong, but apart from HSS I cannot see any glaring omissions, so next week I will have a word with my local dealer, and see what we can do. Thank you so much for your immense help and re-assurance.

Are you aware of the FP mode on the FL600R flashes?

These are not radio.

As far as I know they are controlled via a coded preflash like the Nikon CLS flashes, but they have an FP mode which I think will go up to 1/4000 with reduced power and may work for you under some circumstances.

Perhaps something to ask your dealer about when you visit maybe they'll have one you can try in store.

I don't have one yet, but I've been checking them out with an eye to eventual purchase.

jtan163's gear list:jtan163's gear list
Olympus C-740 UZ Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow