What is the best m43 for focus tracking?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,894Gear list
Like?
Re: what is the best m43 for focus tracking?
In reply to micksh6, Apr 1, 2013

micksh6 wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

I say two cameras, the OMD and the GH3.

Only two? You haven't tried another two, Olympus E-PL5 and E-PM2, have you?

I have E-PL5 and I compared it with OM-D. They are almost the same except that E-PL5 got smaller AF rectangle than OM-D. With 14x elongated AF rectangle E-PL5 and E-M5 have about the same focusing speed, but with the smallest square rectangle E-PL5 is faster. E-M5 doesn't have that small AF area.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51100254

You have it when you launch the magnifier (without magnifyinitYou just get the small AF target and can keep the full view). I'm using it all the time. Of course I'd prefer the same implementation as on the E-Pl5 becshoot then I miss some shooting infos on the E-M5.

I didn't test focus tracking, that was S-AF test. But, with CDAF it's a given that if camera is faster with S-AF it will be faster in C-AF and AF tracking too.

I like better the GH3 but both are good.

It's not "both", it's 4 cameras now, two of them are better than one of the two you tried. I can't say a thing about GH3, though.

We can not still compare to the best DSLR's regarding the  AFT. But I had already seen some good sports pictures from Micro 4/3 cameras.

This is true. And the quality of the pictures we see mostly depends on photographer skills, the camera AF tracking ability importance is a distant second (and it's essential to distinguish just C-AF vs C-AF with tracking), sometimes C-AF is used, sometimes it's not. I haven't seen many examples of successful tracking. There are good C-AF examples without tracking, though.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow