Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
felicity
Regular MemberPosts: 257Gear list
Like?
You heard it here first....;-)
Apr 1, 2013

I sold my RX1 on CL (SF Bay Area) and one of the emails I received and answered, was replied with "I rather wait for sony rx2 which going to come out soon this year.  Same price range."

I was about to send a snarky reply but chose to seize the opportunity for some 'fact finding' and said "Cool!  That would be great.  Where did you hear about it?  Do you know what they are changing?"

He replied "My friend work for sony and he told the lens will be interchangeable and improve on Evf whatever that mean."

Sony does have offices here.  And that, is how rumors start.

This is pulled from sonyalpharumors.com Mar 29 "That said… trust my words, the A-mount system is well alive and it will be so in future. Sony didn’t take off the SLT-FF cameras from the roadmap because they don’t believe in the A-mount system. The reason is another one. And that reason will be explained soon on SAR (as soon as I get an SR5 confirmation)."

P.S.  I sold my RX1 because 35mm was too wide for me.  I haven't had a FF camera since film and the impact of the lack of crop factor was not insignificant to me.  If I could get one with a 50mm - 85mm lens... prime lens (I think 60mm would be perfect for me).

felicity's gear list:felicity's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony SLT-A33 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA SSM
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow