Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ripleysbaby
Contributing MemberPosts: 667Gear list
Like?
Missing
Apr 1, 2013

The last 10 years have been quite a ride regards cameras I've owned. And the most memorable of those was my E1. Since selling it along with the 14-54 about 6 years ago I've had a succession of top spec models in the search for one I feel comfortable with in all situations. None have come close to the E1. All have been great cameras in their own right, but with most, well, all. Their technology seem to get in my way. Too many choices, too scared to take them out of my camera bag in case I damaged them. My old E1 was never actually kept in a bag ! Spending its time on my shoulder or hanging around my neck. It sure suited my fell walking activities , never missing a beat in any weather on the Cumbrian landscape. It even survived 10 hours in the most inhospitable conditions I, and many more , had ever encountered . The rescue services were busy that day !
Anyway, I am happy to say that a mint , low mileage E1 and 14-54 is now on its way to me once again. I can't wait. No accidental changing of settings, no pressing the movie button by mistake. No scene modes. Perhaps the E1 was the last simple digital camera. Now all I need is some bad weather to play in ! Bring it on.

ripleysbaby's gear list:ripleysbaby's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow