Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
miketala
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Re: Heptagon
In reply to rtf, Apr 1, 2013

rtf wrote:

Thanks for your detailed thoughts. The thought of downsizing (sensor wise) is scary. I spent many digital years building up to the D800. It will be a backward step to go to Micro four thirds, but as I say it may be my only choice.

Appreciated.

RTF

No offense, but when you say this you sound a little myopic.  m43 is a mature system, more mature than Nikon's DX from a lens perspective, it has some great cameras and a large variety of excellent lenses to choose from.  and the lenses, in particular, are where the greatest savings in weight are; they tend to be noticeably smaller than even DX lenses.

You'll give up a small amount in quality, but you'll be far more mobile and far more likely to have your camera on you. and you'll be pain free.  why be in pain if you don't have to be?

This guy ditched his FF gear and shoots, i think, exclusively with the OMD EM-5. His resume is nothing to sneer at either.

http://www.damianmcgillicuddy.com/showcase/

Good luck.  If it stops being fun, you need to make a change.  Embrace the change, find its advantages.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow