ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TorontoBellwoods
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
No Manaul Control of Canon Speedlight with Phottix Odin
Apr 1, 2013

Hello

I just purchased an Phottix Odin/2 receiver kit today for my Canon 5D2 MkII. The system works as expected with the speedlights working in ETTL mode.

HOWEVER: I have thus far been unable to control the output of the Speedlights from the Odin TCU control unit. For example if I set all three groups to "M" (manual) mode and then try to vary the power level with the +/- buttons on the TCU the light output of the Speedlights doesn't change at all.

This situation is surprising (alarming) given that the following description of the Odin functionality appears on the company's website:

What makes the Phottix Odin™ unique is the ability to designate groups in TTL/Mixed mode. Individual groups, A, B, C, can also be controlled in TTL mode with EV +/- adjustments. Groups can also be set to Manual mode, adjusting power levels remotely, or turned off.
http://www.phottix.com/en/phottix-odin-ttl.html

As far as I can see there is no way to manually set the speedlight output remotely through the Odin TCU.

If anyone knows differently, please correct me.

PS: I have upgraded to the ver 1.2 firmware and the Odins work as expected in TTL mode.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow