Shooting sports and other things with the K5IIs...

Started Apr 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mark dimo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,959Gear list
Like?
Shooting sports and other things with the K5IIs...
Apr 1, 2013

The arrival of the K5II made what was already a near perfect camera (K5) into the best handling Pentax to date.

I'm usually the oddball who shoots professional sports with a Pentax.  In the USA,  I know Ed Jay does a lot of work for the NFL; and across the globe, other sports photographers who use Pentax have reached out to say hello over the years.

The number of shooters (for professional sports) has typically been low, but with the new K5II and IIs,  that could possibly change because Pentax has finally offered a body that can meet the expectations of sports photographers and editors of the sports journalism world.

I collected my thoughts and organized them here in a blog entry at my personal blog:

As far as performance is concerned the K5II is the fastest, most accurate performing K to date.

http://surfdoc.blogspot.com/2013/03/shooting-sports-low-light-and-mixed-wb.html

These are my opinions and wanted share my experiences with the K5II.

-- hide signature --

Managing Director Alon Philippines Surf & Travel
www.alonphilippines.com
Photographer / Features Writer for Lonely Planet Magazine, Digital Photographer & Mabuhay Magazine
Life is too short, surf waves, own a convertible, and marry for love!

mark dimo's gear list:mark dimo's gear list
HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow