Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: SSD performance
In reply to malch, Apr 1, 2013

malch wrote:

Tareq Abdulla wrote:

My laptop is slower about 15 second than that, i wish if mine is same as this laptop speed or even 2-3 sec slower if not faster, so what he did with his laptop to get that much fast?

Have you tried booting Windows in Safe Mode?

If that is blindingly fast, it provides some hope that things can be improved.

This is somewhat technical (although a little easier than it sounds)...

There's a Windows Performance Toolkit than you can download from MS and install. It will enable you to obtain a detailed and timed trace of the boot process and this may very well provide insight into the source of the delay. In my case, it's didn't locate the source of my 30 second delay but it did help me nail the cause. Here's one tutorial on WPT:

http://www.nextofwindows.com/windows-performance-toolkit-to-trace-the-windows-7-startup-performance/

I tried with Safe mode boot, it didn't save much, i think same as or maybe a bit faster but still not as fast as that video, only 2-3second faster from that 15sec, so about 12-13second faster, in all cases, it seems there is something wrong, i saw another video with slower reading/writing SSD on i3/i5 and booting faster than my fast Samsung 840 Pro one.

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow