ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,944
Like?
Top of my mountain, panorama.
Apr 1, 2013

Hi folks,

A nephew told me how much he misses sitting on my porch and viewing the mountain (Bruin Point). So, at the same time I wanted to experiment with my K-5 + Sigma 400mm f5.6 Tele-Macro + Sigma 1.4X APO EX DG teleconverter. I should have shot at f8 instead of f6.3 aperture. I took four vertical shots handheld and then used Photomerge Panorama with Photoshop Elements 6.0. Then I cropped it to 19x13 inches (A3+) and printed it out to see how well it looked in print. I was quite surprised at the detail of the final print. The file size ended up being 29mb.

I realize that this is not a real exciting image for most of you but for my nephew it will be just the ticket for him to hang on his wall for the memory. Thanks for looking.

Bruin Point, Utah - Elevation 10,189 feet (3105 meters). Image taken from my porch which is at an elevation of 6,300 feet (1920 meters). The first and only Mule deer that I ever shot was during deer season of my 16th birthday and was on the top of Bruin Point. I only shoot deer with a camera now.

Bruin Point, Utah - Elevation 10,10189 feet (3105 meters)

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow