Best desktop computer for photography work.

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
glasswave
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,136Gear list
Like?
Re: Best desktop computer for photography work.
In reply to Mark K, Apr 1, 2013

Mark K wrote:

theJuke2 wrote:

I'm trying to look for a new desktop which will be dedicated just to my photography work and I won't be using it for anything else. I am a PC person by nature, but I am not opposed to Mac. What are the pros and cons? Everyone I talk to seems to prefer Mac. I'm trying to find some PC users (or past PC users) to get their input and see how they feel about the Mac/PC comparison for photography work. If you are a past PC user, why did you switch? I'm looking for the pros and cons for each. (Please don't give me the "Macs don't get viruses" reason, and please don't tell me that Macs are made with all Mac hardware and processors - that isn't true any more.) I'm looking purely for functionality. Thank you!

I am PC man as well. Years ago I understood Mac was made for graphics and that was the only solution.

That is completely wrong.

However, recent development of Adobe showed the other way round. Current PC with good enough hardware can run Adobe or other photo editing software smoothly. There is no comparable hardware in Mac world, unless you go for Mac Pro.

Also, wrong.

For that department, any upgrade is painfully expensive. If you don't mind spending tons of money, Mac Pro is a better choice.... because Mac Pro can utilize multiple CPUs .

Multi CPU pc's are also an option, but you simply aren't going need multiple cpu's for photo editing.

-- hide signature --

There is simply too much beauty in the world to photograph it all, but I'm trying.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow